- The Dubai Supreme Council of Energy has signed an agreement with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) to establish a regional centre to build capabilities in sustainable energy and research and development (R&D).
- DEWA signed an MOU with the South Korean Utility, KEPCO, in order to form an international centre of excellence for Smart Grid technologies.
- DEWA has engaged energy efficiency company Etihad ESCO to conduct performance contracting for 7 of its facilities
- The World Bank and Dubai Supreme Council of Energy signed an agreement to develop a funding strategy for green investments in Dubai.
- DEWA announced that they have started working with KPMG for the 100 MW extension of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park, which then will become the world’s largest solar park.
- UNDP and The Clean Energy Business Council launched the new Arab Business Forum for Sustainable Development and Green Economy in the Arab region.
- The Corporate Leaders Network for Climate Action launched the CEO Platform for Green Growth in MENA.